Entering DFU Mode on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Plug your device into your computer with a USB cable.
- Turn off the device.
- Hold the Power button for 3 seconds.
Make sure the device screen is blank and no logos are present
Exiting DFU Mode on iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Hold the Home and Power buttons until the Apple Logo appears.
Entering DFU Mode on Apple TV
- Plug the device into your computer using a microUSB cable.
- Force the device to reboot by holding down the "Menu" and "Down" buttons simultaneously for 6-7 seconds.
- Press "Menu" and "Play" simultaneously right after reboot, until a message pops up in iTunes, saying that it has detected an Apple TV in Recovery Mode.
Exiting DFU Mode on Apple TV
- Hold down the "Menu" and "Down" buttons. The Apple TV will reboot.